On this last day of 2016, I have reached 28 weeks which means I am officially in the third trimester now! Yay! Brinda baby is now about 14 inches long and weighs about 2.5 pounds. He is the size of an Echidna (pictured below). He now has eyelashes and is able to open his eyes although I doubt there is a whole lot to see. He is also gaining more fat which is allowing him to get better at regulating his own body temperature.
I am still doing well although my back has been bugging me more lately. That just means I need to get prenatal massages! :-) In fact, I have one scheduled for this coming week! I did my glucose test this past week but do not know the results yet. That orange drink was gross!! Tastes like the orange punch from McDonald's with more sugar added. YUCK! I definitely get short of breath more easily when walking the dogs, especially going uphill. The baby continues to batter my organs around anytime I am sitting still or laying down. I have been asked by several people what we plan to name our baby. We have not chosen a name yet, both Carlton and I are working on our separate list of names until he returns. We do not plan to share what name we pick until the baby is actually born. But we are not opposed to name suggestions!! So if you have any boy names that you like, feel free to share them with us!
 |
| Cute but watch out for those claws! |
 |
| Definitely bigger! |
This past week I took advantage of some of the holiday stuff still going on in the area. Agana Shopping Center has a Holiday display that used to be an annual event but the lady in charge passed away a couple years ago. This is the first year that people got together to bring it back and the display was definitely impressive! See pics below:
 |
| Angels galore |
 |
| Extravagant village! |
 |
| More village |
 |
| Chamorro history |
 |
| Modern village |
 |
| More village |
 |
| Mini fair |
 |
| Larger fair |
 |
| Ski resort |
 |
| More fairgrounds |
 |
| Candyland |
 |
| Stockings by the fireplace |
 |
| Carolers |
 |
| Another ski resort |
 |
| Waterfall |
 |
| Carolers |
 |
| Snowman light post! |
I also went to the Governor's Mansion where they had a lighting display that circled the mansion. Not all the lights show up in the pictures very well but here you go!
 |
| Chamorrans rowing |
 |
| Latte stones in the background |
 |
| Front of the mansion |
 |
| Tree of Santas |
 |
| Waterfall |
 |
| Santa's shell sleigh with dolphins |
 |
| Various sea creatures |
 |
| Lighted tunnel |
 |
| Faces of Santa |
 |
| Lit pathway |
 |
| Train & more Santa's |
 |
| Manger |
And I leave you with LOVE!
I hope you all have a fabulous New Year's Eve and a great beginning to 2017!!
XOXO
Jen
Very impressive display this lady created. How about Addison or Carpenter for a little and a big boy.
ReplyDelete