Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Belly is Growing!

The belly has reached 25 weeks now and is definitely starting to grow more! There are not a whole lot of changes this past week. Apparently the baby may have a hair color now although I was born bald, so maybe not. He has gained a better sense of balance and so he now knows which way is up versus down. That is supposed to mean he will be getting into the head down position although I still feel a lot of rolling around, so I don't think he's chosen a particular position yet.

He should be about 14 inches long now and weigh almost two pounds. This week my uterus is supposed to be about the size of a soccer ball and he has reached the size of a Prairie Dog!








I have been getting into the Holiday spirit this month listening to Christmas music and watching some Christmas movies. We also had our Gift-Wrapping Fundraiser this past Saturday at a local mall. Our location in the mall was less than ideal, so we didn't have a lot of foot traffic but we are doing it again this Friday, so I am working on getting us a better location.

This past weekend was also the Rota Walk. The area of base housing on Andersen Air Force base where the Senior Officers live participates in extensive holiday decorations every year and they have one night where people are welcomed to come and walk the neighborhood. Aside from the lighting displays, there are also residents handing out candy, kids singing and dancing along the way. It was very festive and I took a few photos but my camera does not capture the lights very well.

















This last picture shows a plane that is strung on a cable that spans the street. The owners put candy in a compartment in the plane and then as it "flies" across the street, they pull a string to open that compartment and spill candy on the street for the kids. The kids LOVED it!

There were also a couple houses that were playing Christmas movies on one of their exterior walls so you could pull up a chair and watch if you wanted.

Now I have to see what other Holiday Festivities I can explore this week!!
I hope you are all doing great and enjoying your December!!

XOXO
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Carlton and your little prairie dog 🐶

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, George and I will be driving to Phoenix for the holiday for about a week
    He will be visiting his daughter. Kay will also be in town and staying at George's till Jan 3rd. Love U

    ReplyDelete