Saturday, February 24, 2018

Silver Lining

Carlton recently had a port call for a couple days and we were finally able to see and talk to him!! It had been about six weeks since he left and the boat was on radio silence, so we didn't have any communication with them at all. It was great to talk to him and see him on video chat! Gavin was thrilled to have Daddy on the screen and be able to interact. (Before Carlton left, we recorded him reading a few books to Gavin and I have been playing those for him almost every night) Here's a cute little video of Gavin and his Daddy talking:



After talking to Carlton, it looks like we are definitely leaving Guam in May! A month later than we were hoping but at least I found out that Carlton should be home to help out with the movers when we have our household goods packed up! That will make things so much easier. Plus we might have time to do a few things on the island before we leave for good!

The new plan is to fly back through Hawaii and stop there for a couple nights so we can adjust to the time difference a little more gradually. Jet lag is going to be brutal! We will be flying to San Diego and then driving across to Connecticut, stopping to visit family and friends along the way! We are so excited about this road trip and can't wait for everyone to meet Gavin!


Here is my handsome little Valentine's Day date this year!! I had a very hard time getting him to be still long enough to get a picture!


Cute onesie - "I'm ready to go in coach. Just give me a chance!" From Ace Ventura Pet Detective Movie.

I just happened to catch him after he somehow managed to get a piece of banana on top of his nose during breakfast. It took him awhile to realize it was there! You might be able to tell or maybe not, but he has his two top teeth coming in now!

Last weekend we attended a friend's birthday party at Gab Gab beach where Gavin got to experience the beach for the first time. I wasn't sure if he was enjoying it or not since he didn't seem super thrilled. You can see in the pictures, he is kind of smiling but not really. Then about ten minutes after the pictures were taken, he threw up all over me. So apparently he wasn't feeling well!! Poor guy was sick several more times into the night but luckily it didn't even last 24 hours.

I also took pictures for Gavin's 11 month mark! Hard to believe he will be a year old next month already!! Many of these pictures did not turn out because he just will not sit still! LOL Here are a few that kind of turned out okay.

Elephant from Grandma & Grandpa for V-day

The elephant my parents gave Gavin for Valentine's Day sings "You Are My Sunshine". He loves it!! Not only does he enjoy the song but he loves chewing on the elephant's feet.

For an early birthday present, my friend Laura sent Gavin a bubble machine and a huge bottle of bubbles!! I took this video the first time we used it to get his reaction. I had to keep moving the bubble machine because he kept wanting to grab it and I didn't want him to dump bubble solution all over the floor. She also sent him a baby rain stick which he really enjoys!


Rain stick

Ready for the beach!

Mr. Cool
Dapper Dude


1 comment: