Saturday, November 26, 2016

We have hit 23 weeks!

This has been a busy week with seeing Carlton off on his "work trip" and Thanksgiving! The boat left the day before Thanksgiving, so the wives all got together and had a potluck dinner on Thanksgiving! There was so much great food and great company too!

This week the baby is developing his sense of hearing more and is able to hear more of the noises outside the womb. This also means he has more stimuli to respond to, so there has been more movement! All the organs and everything are pretty much where they should be if not yet fully developed. At this point the baby just needs to put on that baby fat!! Right now he would look slightly reddish because the blood vessels under his skin have little insulation. One new development this past week is the baby has developed his taste buds! So now I get to experiment with different foods to see if I get a reaction.

The cute creature for this week is the Chinchilla! The baby is now about 1.25 pounds and still about a foot long. I am sure that will change soon!
Cute and cuddly!


The bump!
















Since Carlton had to leave before Thanksgiving, we decided to put up our Christmas tree and the lights on the house so that I wouldn't have to do it by myself. Yesterday, I finished decorating the house with the rest of our Christmas paraphernalia and worked on Christmas cards!! Here are some pics of our Christmas decorations.
Mickey's Christmas Carol bells

Plush Santa

Some bows and garland

Mr. & Mrs. Stockings

The tree!

Mr. & Mrs. Claus salt & pepper shakers

More figurines!














































I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

XOXO
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the progress reports lil' Alexander's development. Gives me more to love already! I hope for your sake he wants to eat yummy things.

    ReplyDelete