Saturday, October 28, 2017

Reunion and More!

This past Sunday, Carlton and I were able to attend a reunion for the What to Expect When You Are Expecting Luncheon that I attended last year when I was pregnant with Gavin. This is the first year they have held a reunion for the new parents. The author, Heidi Murkoff, was there to visit with each of the families and hang out. We got a couple pictures:
Reunion group photo

Heidi's husband Eric

 Gavin's new favorite game is to scoot/crawl across his rug to knock over the blocks we got for him. So we have been setting up half the blocks on one side and the other half about 4 feet away so that he gets more practice scooting around. 

We also got him a new high chair since the Bumbo is not working as well for feeding him. He can reach too far outside of it and grab stuff nearby. So now with the high chair we can keep him out of trouble!

In this video he is trying a piece of shrimp for the first time. At first he was just sucking off the sauce. I ended up cutting it into small pieces so he could actually eat some but he didn't seem to like the shrimp much...just the sauce!

I bought a Halloween costume for Gavin but we haven't made it to any events. Unfortunately most of them are in the evening around his bedtime, so we took a few pictures the other day before Carlton had to leave again.





Update on my ankle - really quick I had a biopsy on my ankle over a month ago now and the initial biopsy had suspicious skin cells (not melanoma). So the dermatologist had to go back in and remove more skin to make sure she got to healthy skin around the mole that was removed. So I had tend stitches in my ankle for about 2 weeks and now it is healing up! The morning after I had the stitches put in, I had to take the dogs for a walk and it was raining! So I had to wrap my leg in saran wrap to prevent the area from getting wet. That was super fun.


Healing nicely now

3 comments:

  1. So, a DC family are we? I love the Superman flying pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the costumes, we stuck with DC but we equally enjoy Marvels!!

      Delete
  2. Love your costumes. will be sending you more clothes from Evelyn....She loves a bargain... luv U guys

    ReplyDelete