At this point most everything has developed but still needs to complete development. For example, Brinda Baby's eyes are in the correct spot now and he is opening them but his vision is still poor. It will continue to improve over the next ten weeks although I doubt there is much for him to see until he is born anyway! Also, it will be interesting to see how long he enjoys having good vision since Carlton and I both have poor vision! This poor kid might be in glasses at a fairly early age...we will see.
He is currently about 17 inches long and weighs about 3.5 pounds. Soon he will stop growing in length and just pack on the baby fat that he needs to keep warm once he is born. He could be moving into the head down position soon but at my Ob/Gyn appointment this past week, he was still enjoying the breech position. Apparently he likes being able to kick my bladder or just wedge his butt down there to add more pressure. Ha!
According to my app, he is supposed to be about the size of a platypus without the tail. So here's your cute animal pic of the week!
The belly continues to grow as it should (see pic below). I had some blood work done recently that showed I was mildly anemic (I was mildly anemic before pregnancy) and also I have borderline hypothyroidism. So my doctor has me taking Synthroid now to try to boost my thyroid for the remainder of the pregnancy. I haven't noticed any symptoms so we will see if the medication makes a difference. I do take a nap almost every day but usually after I have done my workout (other than walking the dogs). I have been able to do longer walks with the dogs on the weekends - this past weekend we walked 3.25 miles! That is the longest walk I have done in about six months!
This weekend was pretty low key although I did have a great potluck dinner with friends which is always nice! I also went to see Rogue One with a friend and that was enjoyable as well!
I hope you are all enjoying January! Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
XOXO
Jen


Thanks for the update. Luv u bunches
ReplyDelete