Since Carlton has arrived on the island, we have been trying to get out and experience some of Guam in between getting the house together. So this past week we managed to go snorkeling twice - once on our anniversary and we also checked out the Mango Festival in Agat.
Here are some pictures from our snorkeling adventure from Dadi Beach.
And here are some pictures from the Mango Festival...they had dancing, food, animals (Coconut crabs to purchase), and of course Mangoes!
 |
| Coconut crab hanging upside down |
 |
| Catching crabs for people to take home |
 |
| Monitor lizard...not sure he's alive |
Love the blue starfish!! What's the thing that looks like a brain? It's right below the pic of Carlton snorkeling for the camera!!
ReplyDeleteI believe it is brain coral. :-)
Deleteno more lizard pictures please...
ReplyDelete:)
What?! I am hoping to have many more lizard pics!! ;-)
Deleteno more lizard pictures please...
ReplyDelete:)
I love the colors from the reef. I didn't know coconut crabs were edible.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if they are edible.....people were buying another type of crab. The coconut crabs were in cages for people to see but no one was buying them. :-)
DeleteHi Jen - Sorry I've been so lax about keeping up with you. You've had quite an adventure on Guam. When I was there back in 1977, the island did not have any of the high rise buildings that I've seen in your pics. Speaking of pics, you've got some great underwater shots. Have you guys done any scuba diving? Best of luck to both you and Carlton, and looking forward to your next post.
ReplyDeleteHey Ken! Good to hear from you! We just did our first dive yesterday and plan to do more in this upcoming week. Hope to have more pics to share from that!!
Delete