Thursday, November 16, 2017

Movin' and Groovin'

Gavin is definitely moving around a lot more now! He still has a weird crawling technique but it doesn't slow him down!

Gavin has been exploring different foods now and really likes fruit (of course). He has enjoyed prunes, plums, pears, and honeydew melon but didn't care for kiwi. He has also been eating butternut squash, quinoa, turkey lasagna, tuna casserole, salmon, zucchini and pasta. I have found a couple recipes online that use infant rice cereal (he wasn't a fan of the cereal by itself). I made pancakes and teething biscuits with the cereal. He really seems to enjoy the teething biscuits...until they get soggy and then he loses interest.
Not only can he now sit up on his own but on November 9th, he started kneeling while holding onto the side of his playpen. Then the very next morning he decided to stand! This fast progress led to our first visit to the ER! We still had the bassinet insert in the playpen because he hadn't been doing any of that stuff yet. So the very first time he stood up while holding onto something, he fell out of his playpen and onto the hard tile floor! I was on the other side of the kitchen island when it happened, so I saw him go over but didn't see exactly how he went down. When I got to him, he was on his back so I was concerned that he hit his head!! After comforting him and nursing him, he seemed to be just fine but I wanted to get him checked out just in case. By the time we got to the ER (we were taken back pretty quickly), he had developed a bump on his forehead above his right eye. So apparently he hit his forehead either on the way down or when he landed but still ended up on his back. I have no idea how he managed that. They checked him over, monitored his vitals, and kept us for about an hour to observe him. No injuries (other than the bump on his forehead). Luckily the fall was only about 2.5 feet but from my point of view it was far!!! As soon as we got home, I took that bassinet insert out of the playpen!!

 Enjoy the various photos!
Butternut squash & quinoa

Loves the spoon too!

Love the bucket hat!

And the baseball hat!


Sitting up with a little help

First time kneeling with assistance

Sleepy boy!
Next month we are going to Tokyo for Christmas! Carlton will be able to join us for our trip which will be great!! Gavin will have two stamps in his passport before he turns one!! I think the trip will be a shock temperature-wise but it will be so nice to have cold weather for a change. It will actually feel like Christmas for once!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the pictures! Glad Gavin is okay. The first bump or fall is always scary.

    Have fun in Tokyo! Larry's Family lives in Tokyo and Hokaido! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you able to use the Baby Biaba at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a doll. So fun to keep up w you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little guy! Enjoy the Holidays together! Kathy

    ReplyDelete